- 1 slice of whole meal bread, spread (butter/margarine),
- a flower cookie cutter,
- 1 medium egg,
- baking tray
- heat your oven to gas mark 6, 200C, 400F
- Lightly grease the baking tray with your chosen spread.
- Spread one side of the bread, pressing the cutter into the middle.
- Remove the shape you have cut out, place both pieces of bread onto the baking tray.
- Break the egg into a saucer; carefully slide the egg into the hole in the bread.
- Bake for seven minutes on the top shelf of your oven, or for longer if you do not like runny yolk.
- Use a spatula to lift the pieces onto a plate.
- Enjoy your food.
Links to the Early Years Foundation Stage:
Physical Development: Health and Self-Care
‘Willing to try new food textures and tastes.’