- Different shades of paint
- Plain paper
- Damp flannel to clean hands
- Marker pen
- Paper plates to add paint to
- Black marker pen
- To create an insect’s body, clench your fist and dip into a plate of paint, a colour of your choice.
- Once you have the paint on your fist, press down onto your piece of paper.
- Using the tip of your finger, print to create eyes. Place a dot with your marker pen once the paint has dried. Use your marker to create legs on your insects too.
To create ladybirds and smaller bugs, you can use your finger and draw the legs and eyes on to the creation using your marker pen.
Links to the Early Years Foundation Stage:
Expressive arts and design: Exploring and using media and materials
‘Understands that different media can be combined to create new effects.’