Paper Plate Octopus Puppet
- Paper plate
- selection of poster paints
- sponge for painting
- plate for paint
- black marker pen
- tissue paper
- apron to protect clothing
- Cut a third of the paper plate off, saving this smaller piece for later. Using your chosen colour of paint, squirt some onto a paper plate.
- Using your sponge, dip into the paint and sponge the paper plate that you will use for your octopus.
- Leaving the painted plate to dry, cut your tissue paper in to lengths long enough to tentacles.
- Using the glue, paste onto the back of the painted plate. Stick the individual lengths of tissue paper onto the glue. Glue them close together.
- Now using the cut of piece of paper plate on to the back of the paper plate, just above the glued tentacles, secure with sellotape. This will be the place you put your hand to create a puppet.
- Using your marker pen, draw on eyes to the front of the plate and a mouth.
- Your octopus hand puppet is now complete.
Links to the Early Years Foundation Stage:
Expressive arts and design: Exploring and using media and materials
‘Experiments with blocks, colours and marks.’